A belt sander is an important machine within the workshop. It’s wont to power sand surface material fast without much effort. If you are looking for a belt sander for your workshop, the Hitachi SB8V2 may be a popular variable speed belt sander that’s employed by both professionals and beginners a day. But is that this model really well worth the hard-earned money? Continue reading Hitachi SB8V2 Review.
Hitachi SB8V2 Review – Belt Sander
One of the items we just like the most about the Hitachi SB8V2 is its 9.0-Amp motor. it’s not the foremost powerful motor we’ve reviewed during a belt sander, but it’s a reasonably decent power that will get the work done. It also features a very decent price to performance ratio that creates its value for money.
As almost a typical feature in belt sanders lately, the Hitachi SB8V2 comes with a variable speed which will easily be adjusted with the speed dial located at the side of the handle. It can perform a speed of 820 – 1475 ft/min which is flexible enough for many sanding purposes, whether it’s preparatory work or finishing jobs.
A belt sander wouldn’t be a really practical tool if not for the finishing quality. Indeed, one of the best things about employing a belt sander is its versatility that permits you to urge an excellent finishing quality fine-tuned to your liking. When fitted with a lower grit sanding pad, this 3” x 21” belt sander will remove tons of fabric fast.
- Of course, user-friendliness is at the middle of the belt sander. many of us are going to be using this device for long hours, so it stands to reason that it’s very user-friendly features. let’s examine how user-friendly this Hitachi belt sander really is.
- • Grip: The grip is coated with a soft elastomer surface making it very comfortable to carry. Even for long hours.
- • Vibration: This Hitachi belt sander features a needle bearing mechanism at the rollers that help diminish vibrations.
- • Lightweight: At around 9.5lbs, this model isn’t the lightest belt sander on the market. However, since it’ll mostly be sitting on the surface it’s not much of an inconvenience.
- • Feeling of the user: Overall, the elastomer surface and general ergonomic form factor make the Hitachi SB8V2 a really comfortable belt sander.
- • Dust collection: This model incorporates a dust collection bag that does an honest job filtering debris and accumulating sawdust. this enables you to sand in a clean environment for better productivity.
- Other Features:
- • V-belt: This model employs a V-belt system that’s more efficient and wear-resistant than conventional belts. It also allows this unit to last longer.
- • Transparent tracking window: the tracking window allows you to look at your belts also as sanding pads. this is often a handy feature that will quickly assist you to tell the status of your belt sander during operation.
- • Upgradable parts: Parts just like the handle, speed dial, and clear front cover are replaceable.
- • Decent and competitively priced product.
- • Decent motor of 9 Amps. Enough for many sanding tasks.
- • Variable speed control of 820 – 1475 ft/min allows you to adapt to the fabric surface.
- • Good build quality that’s also durable.
- • The front handle allows you to carry this belt sander very ergonomically.
- • Includes a cloth dust collection bag that traps debris. are often easily cleaned.
- • V-Belt for longevity and transparent tracking window.
- • Low noise output allows you to figure without using noise-canceling headsets.
- • The belt tracking during this model isn’t the simplest and can need readjustment from time to time. Not an enormous issue, but it’s worth mentioning.
We wish to think that Hitachi SB8V2 as offering a pleasant balance between performance and price. it’s not the most cost-effective belt sander money can purchase, but it’s also not the foremost expensive. it’s certainly very competitive and far cheaper in comparison to other costlier models just like the Makita 9403. If you’re on a strict budget and with a performing and versatile belt sander, then this Hitachi belt sander will fit the bill. We recommended it!